SLIDER

Cherries

Nothing says summer like cherries. We have such a short cherry season in Sydney so as soon as cherries appear at the fruit shop I buy them, whatever the price. They are at their best at the moment, just in time for Christmas. I know I normally post an entry that involves baking but why would you want to do anything to a cherry other than wash and eat it? Apart from the occasional batch of cherry jam or a cherry clafoutis I don't cook cherries. As a clafoutis is way too warm to eat during a Sydney summer I'd make it for winter but as cherries aren't in season during winter, I'd use frozen cherries



I saw these beautiful white cherries at the fruit market last week and had to buy a few just so I could photograph them. I actually prefer the taste of the dark red cherries but how pretty are they?

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.