SLIDER

Happy Valentine's Day - Lime Yoghurt Tarts

A long time ago in a land far way, (Brisbane) I used to work in a florist shop. I was still at high school then and I just loved working there - I still think it was the best job I've ever had. My favourite days were the busy days like weddings, Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. 


The traditional flowers for Valentine's Day are red roses though trying to keep red roses fresh in 30°+C Brisbane summer heat and 90% humidity was an impossible challenge. Although I love roses, red roses must be my least favourite colour. I've always been a pink girl, whilst my Mum loves yellow roses.



What has all this to do with Lime Yoghurt Tarts? Absolutely nothing! I discovered a recipe in a magazine for a lime tart that used yoghurt in the filling rather than cream. I love all things custard but can't tolerate cream so this seemed like the perfect recipe for me. With a barbecue to attend I thought I'd bake the tart for dessert and as there was leftover filling, I made a few individual tarts for home.


With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I just had to make a heart shaped tart which I'll be eating tomorrow night. And how was the tart? The lime flavour is strong, the filling creamy and not too rich and perfectly matched by the crisp almond shortcrust pastry.


Happy Valentine's Day every-one,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.