SLIDER

Friday Favourite - San Pedro, Guatemala

When I visited Guatemala 2 years ago I took a circuitous route from Sydney to Cancun via Vancouver, Edmonton, Banff and Calgary. I decided to travel light and only took 1 camera with me. It was the first time (and the last time I might add) I'd ever travelled without a film camera.



We took a ferry around Lake Atitlan and one of the places we visited was San Pedro, home to many Spanish language schools. We heard a band playing in the schoolyard and stopped to listen. I saw the young girl looking out the window, waited until the gentleman passed into view and took the photo. I think this image would have been even more evocative if it had been shot on black and white film. I have made a black and white version but it's just not the same as film.

Enjoy the weekend,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.