SLIDER

Passionfruit Ice Cream

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Well actually I rarely eat ice cream. It doesn't agree with me at all so when it's hot you'll find me eating fruit sorbets or gelati.

I was looking for ways to use some passionfruit I'd bought. I thought about making passionfruit jelly but I didn't have enough fruit for the recipe. I walked into the tearoom at work on Friday and there was the inaugural Donna Hay magazine, featuring semifreddo recipes. I photocopied the feature and took it home with me.

The quantities were large so I halved the recipe and added more passionfruit to the mix cos you can never have too much passionfruit. I put the mixture into my deep freeze on Saturday and by Sunday morning it was just softly frozen and hasn't hardened since then - just perfect for serving.





And the taste - AMAZING! Sorry for all the capital letters but this ice cream is just so yummy I keep finding reasons to photograph it so I can lick the spoon. I've been looking for a copy of the recipe online and can't find the original recipe but there is something similar on Donna Hay's website. Try it as is or substitute cream for the coconut cream.

I'll be back on Wednesday,


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.