SLIDER

Beef and Mushroom Pie

For the first time ever I'm posting something savoury. I didn't want you to think that I lived on a diet of cake, pies, puddings and cookies, cos nothing could be further from the truth.



Now that I have my cute little pie dish, I want to use it all the time. I saw a recipe for steak and kidney pie in Delicious magazine a month or so ago and decided to try it.



I don't particularly like kidneys so I left them out and just increased the beef. I can't track down the original recipe but this one from Gourmet Traveller is almost the same except for the addition of some tomato paste.



The pie is fairly simple to make as it's just a well flavoured beef stew with a topping of puff pastry and no, I didn't make the puff pastry from scratch.



I served the pie with mashed potatoes and peas and it was delicious. The filling improved with keeping and I'll definitely be making it again.

See you all again on Wednesday,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.