SLIDER

Apple Cinnamon Scrolls

Do you remember me telling you a little while back, my struggles with yeast cooking? Well, never the one to give up I tried making some apple cinnamon scrolls last weekend. I used this base recipe but left out the butter in the dough and the accompanying steps.



I had problems with the yeast failing to activate and when I checked the expiry date on the bottom of the tin it was 2008! As I didn't have any fresh yeast I persevered and although the buns didn't rise as much as they should have, the scrolls were still delicious.



I froze half the unbaked scrolls and have tried the rolls both with and without the icing. Either way they are delicious. It's something in the way the apple, brown sugar and butter caramelizes that makes them so scrumptious.



I'm going to make these scrolls again but this time I plan on increasing the bun to filling ratio by doubling the flour, sugar and liquid quantities, cos you can never have too much of a good thing.

I'm heading to Brisbane for a few days so I'm not sure what I'll be posting next or when. I'm going to try and see the Valentino retrospective at the Queensland Art Gallery when I'm in town and get some summer clothes shopping done.

I hope you all have nice, relaxing weekends. See you all next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.