SLIDER

paris - travel 2011

Paris is one of my favourite cities though that wasn't always the case. I first visited Paris on a school trip when I was 15. It was the middle of winter and Paris was very grey and very cold. I was homesick and frustrated by my inability to communicate in French. My French skills haven't improved but I've grown to love Paris.



Looking through my travel schedule I realise I'm arriving in Paris just as the summer holidays begin. I'm a little worried that the shops and restaurants I've bookmarked will have their shutters down and a 'gone on holidays, be back in August' sign on the door.




Should I hop on a train and venture outside Paris? I know I have many blog readers from France, so I'd love to hear some of your suggestions. You can email me here or leave a comment in the comments section below. Many thanks for your help.

Have a great weekend,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

1 comment

  1. Nice that you're coming to Paris! From last summer I remember that it was mainly in August that certain shops and restaurant were closed... but in addition the city has lots of nice extra's to offer in summer: there's not so much traffic around which is perfect for some velib riding, there are free open air cinemas and concerts... and if you want, lots of nice things outside of Paris as well: Auvers-sur-Oise, Versailles, Giverny, Provins... let me know if you need more details or suggestions, I'd be happy to give them!

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.