SLIDER

more from berlin

There is still so much to show you from Berlin. As I'd not been to Berlin before, everything was new and different. I collected the black and white film on Friday so later in the week I'll have some film shots to share with you as well.



I had a Berlin travel pass so I used it to hop on and off buses number 100 and 200. The buses leave from Alexanderplatz, where you'll find this sign and the television tower.



The buses takes you past all these sights but not in this particular sequence. Here is the restored Marienkirche.



The bus also takes you past Museum Island. I purchased a 3-day museum pass and visited as many museums as I could. On the island itself, I visited the Old Art Gallery, the New Museum and the Pergamon. I was blown away by the renovation of the Neues Museum and Nefertiti was as beautiful as I'd expected.



The bus takes you past the impressive Victory Column



as well as the Reichstag,



the Brandenburg Gate,



and the Holocaust Memorial.



I was staying close to the old Jewish area so I visited a cemetery that miraculously survived the war. 




The cemetery was a lovely peaceful place to visit.



I also visited the Jewish Museum one afternoon. The building was interesting but I don't know how well it works as a museum. I seemed to be running around in circles most of my visit.




I went to visit the now closed Templehof Airport. I was hoping to see inside the building but unfortunately, I had to be content with it's exterior.



On my last day in Berlin, I went on a tour of the Reichstag Dome designed by Norman Foster.











The weather that day was pretty awful, perfectly suited to black and white imagery, so I mainly shot film that day. The Topography of Terror was one of my last stops that day and the display was excellent. The display is housed under a small length of the Berlin Wall.



There isn't much left of the wall but this section was sufficient to give you an idea what life must have been like when the city was cut in two.




Another marathon blog post so I'll close here as I have a mountain of washing up to tackle.

I hope you all had lovely weekends,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.