SLIDER

schloss sanssouci

A few months ago I saw a 3-part documentary on Berlin by Matt Frei. One of the locations featured was Schloss Sanssouci, built by Frederick the Great. I was fascinated and decided to visit Sanssouci when I was in Berlin.



The castle is located in Potsdam and is one of many in Sanssouci Park. I'd hoped to visit the New Palace as well when I was there but for some unknown reason, it was closed that day.



It was a long walk across the park to Sanssouci, but this is what I passed along the way, the Chinese Tea House.

the chinese tea house, sanssouci park

It took 2 hours but eventually made it into Sanssouci. Let's just say the decorating style was not understated. It was all gold, marble, crystal and then a bit more gold.

schloss sanssouci, potsdam

 The final resting place of Frederick the Great.

schloss sanssouci, potsdam

The castle is surrounded by parklands and gardens of surprisingly bright hues.

sanssouci park, potsdam

I hope you enjoyed my little trip to Sanssouci. See you again on Friday with a pronto post.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.