SLIDER

summer strawberry cake

My oven was repaired just before I went on holidays. I've baked fruit and made roast dinners and casseroles but this was my first attempt at baking a cake in the oven. I thought I'd try something simple just in case.

I bookmarked this recipe some time ago when I saw it featured on Aran's blog, Canelle et Vanille. Even though it's winter in Sydney there are plenty of strawberries at my fruit market. I picked up a few punnets yesterday to make this cake for work.



I haven't had a chance to taste the cake yet but I did alter the recipe a little as I always do. 

strawberry summer cake

I reduced the sugar by one third and used grated lemon rind to flavour the cake batter instead of vanilla.

strawberry summer cake

I haven't had much success with Martha Stewart's recipes in the past so if this one doesn't come up to scratch, I'll remake the strawberry cake using the same base I always use for my plum/nectarine/raspberry or apricot cake.



After a 6 week break I also went back to using my Nikon d-300. The Nikon d-7000 performed amazingly well but I prefer the focus on the d-300 for food photography. I also wanted one camera not coated with butter sugar and flour. It's always so hard to explain why there's flour on the sensor when I take the camera in for it's annual clean.

summer strawberry cake


Got to go and clean the kitchen....

My weekend was hectic. How was yours?


Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.