SLIDER

cinnamon spiced bundt cakes

I'm feeling a little guilty because I didn't make it to the gym on Sunday morning. I'm still a bit tired from my whirlwind trip to Melbourne so I had a quiet morning at home catching up with chores before I met friends for dinner. I always bring dessert so I'll share the recipe and some photos with you next week.

Do you remember I made a moist plum cake a few months back? I wondered how the cake would taste without the plums, so I halved the cake recipe and made some mini bundt cakes.



When they came out of the oven I tossed them through some cinnamon sugar and took them into work the next day.



The crew loved them and said they tasted a bit like an old fashioned cinnamon doughnut. I hope you like them.



Cinnamon Spiced Bundt Cakes - makes 5 small cakes

printable recipe

100 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
100 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
50 grams plain flour 
½ tsp baking powder
70 grams almond meal
30 grams toasted walnuts 

Topping

¼ cup extra caster sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

• Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
• Lightly grease and flour the mini bundt cakes. 
• Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
• Finely chop the toasted walnuts and reserve.
• Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula in between additions.
• Sift the flour and baking powder. Fold into the butter mixture.
• Fold in the almond meal and the chopped walnuts.
• Spoon the batter into the tins. 
• Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.

• Combine the extra sugar and cinnamon in a small tray. Allow the cakes to cool a little before turning out onto a cooling rack. Toss while still warm in the cinnamon sugar then return to the cooling rack.
• Serve with a cup of your favourite beverage but I had mine with a cup of tea.


I'll be back again on Wednesday with a Melbourne shopshoot, so until then.


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. I`ve tried this recipe and i`m really impressed, it has a very good taste. My both child tried it and they like it a lot. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness that was quick. I'm glad you liked the cake recipe,

      J

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.