SLIDER

white chocolate, macadamia and cranberry cookies

I was away in Brisbane last weekend and although I did some baking, I didn't take any photographs. I had a glorious 3-day break of eating, catching up with family and friends and best of all, catching up on sleep. Now that I'm back home again it was time to return to the kitchen. I decided to ease myself back into the routine by making something simple, like a batch of cookies.



I used this Ottolenghi recipe as the basis for the cookies but played around a bit with it.



The original recipe used dried blueberries and hazelnuts but I wondered how the cookies would taste with white chocolate chunks, dried cranberries and macadamias, because that's what I had in my kitchen cupboard.



I took the cookies into work to be taste tested. They disappeared in a flash, which is always a good sign.



White Chocolate, Cranberry and Macadamia cookies (adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi) 
printable recipe 
Ingredients
150 grams unsalted butter, softened
60 grams brown sugar
60 grams caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
160 grams plain flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch salt

80 grams toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
80 grams white chocolate, cut into chunks
80 grams dried sweetened cranberries


Method
Cream the butter and sugars in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the beaten egg until combined. Sift the flour with the bicarbonate of soda and stir into the mixture with the salt. Stir in the nuts, the chocolate and the cranberries.Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before scooping into approximately 25 gram balls. 

Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Place the balls of cookie dough onto a tray lined with baking paper and space well apart as they will spread.  Flatten each cookie slightly before baking for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Leave to cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire tray. When cool, store in an airtight container. Makes 25 cookies.

I'll be back again with some more food on Wednesday, so see you then.


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.