SLIDER

osso buco

I love osso buco but I don't make it frequently. Veal shin doesn't appear in the supermarket all that often but when it did last week I snapped up a few packets.

osso bucco


I always use Marcella's Hazan recipe for osso buco from The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. Although it doesn't contain many ingredients, Marcella's recipe is very wordy and I was defeated trying to type it for you. This version must be from a US cookbook because it uses cup measures, whilst the recipe in my book uses grams and ounces. 



I served it for lunch with the classic accompaniment of risotto milanese and it was so yummy, I licked the plate clean.



I have another packet of veal shin in the freezer so I know what I'll be having for my dinner this coming weekend. 


Counting the days until the weekend. I'll see you all again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Anonymous10:43 pm

    Looks delicious and perfect for these chilly days! Hope your cold has subsided, cheers Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      feeling much better but I'm still really tired. Hopefully a quiet weekend will fix that.

      J

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.