SLIDER

pumpkin and haloumi burgers

I saw this recipe for pumpkin and haloumi burgers in September's Delicious magazine and they looked so appealing, I decided to give them a try. Have you noticed there's a bit of a pumpkin theme on the blog this week?



It was pretty easy to track down the ingredients. Haloumi cheese can be found in the dairy cabinet of most supermarkets or delis in Sydney these days. The zaatar and tahini I picked up at my local deli.



I served the burger with some of my home made faux chips topped with a mixture of zaatar and salt.



It's not tomato season here so trying to find a decent tomato that doesn't resemble an orange golf ball at a reasonable price has been challenging.



The verdict? The patties were just huge and a bit bland and tended to overpower the other burger ingredients. Next time I'd make 8 burger patties from the mix and dial up the seasoning. The best part - the zaatar topped faux chips. They were delicious and I'll definitely be making those again.

Time for me to go and do the dishes. I hope you've all had good weeks and I'll see you again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Anonymous2:06 am

    Hi,
    Can you please provide a link to your faux chips recipe? Kindest thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No real recipe as such. I cook the whole peeled potatoes in the microwave for 3 minutes or you could parboil them and drain well. I preheat the oven to 200C and place a small amount of oil, about a tablespoon, in a baking tin and heat that for about ten minutes. I cut the potatoes into wedges and place them into the preheated tin coating them in the oil. I spray the whole lot with some olive oil spray before seasoning. I then roast the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes and respraying once more with the olive oil spray. After 1 hour they should be nice and brown and ready to be eaten. With these chippies I sprinkled some za'atar over the top once they came out of the oven and they were very tasty.

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.