SLIDER

white chocolate cranberry macadamia oatmeal cookies

I like to eat something sweet after dinner with my cup of tea, so most weeks I make a batch of cookies. Cookie dough keeps really well in the fridge or freezer and as you all know, I honestly think the cookies taste better made from dough that's been in the fridge for a day or 2.



I actually made this dough a week ago, baked a dozen cookies just for me then baked the rest of the cookie dough this past weekend so I had something to take with me to work.



They're pretty festive looking and I think they'd be perfect for Christmas.



I used the new cookie scoop I bought at Crate and Barrel in New York.



Here's the recipe for you, adapted from this Epicurious recipe. Please note these are not chewy cookies.
Makes about 30 cookies printable recipe
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
140 gms unsalted butter
⅓ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oats
⅓ cup coarsely chopped toasted macadamia nuts,
⅓ cup cup white chocolate chunks
⅓ cup cup dried cranberries
60 gms white chocolate, chopped (for drizzling)

Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.

Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and the cinnamon in medium bowl.
Cream butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and oats and stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks, the macadamia nuts and the cranberries.

Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared trays, 2 inches apart and flatten slightly. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are light brown, about 12 minutes. I turn the trays halfway through the baking time and flatten the cookies a little more.

Cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack and allow to cool completely. The cookies will continue to harden as they cool. Stir chopped chocolate in top of double boiler until melted and smooth. (I melt the chocolate in a plastic bag in the microwave and snip one corner off to make a piping bag). Drizzle the melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern. Let stand until the chocolate sets. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.

I hope you enjoy the cookies. They were a hit at work.

See you on Wednesday with some photos from Brooklyn.

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.