Monday, February 18, 2013

melbourne - royal botanic gardens

I had a great time in Melbourne - lots of shopping and eating; catching up with friends and visiting the Art Gallery. Unfortunately, I came home from Melbourne, promptly lost my voice and spent the rest of the week feeling pretty crook. I had a very quiet weekend and as promised, I spent some time working on my photos.

hatton hotel

The Hatton Hotel, where I stayed, has a roof top terrace so as soon as I checked in, I climbed the stairs to take a peek. It's a really modern space looking out over the rooftops of the city.

hatton hotel


Here are some more photos.

hatton hotel

The Royal Botanic Gardens in South Yarra are just a short walk from the Hatton Hotel. I entered the gardens by the ornate Nareeb gates.

royal botanic gardens melbourne

It was a hot day in Melbourne so I was up really early so I could enjoy my walk through the gardens in the cool of the day. It's a pretty popular thing to do so I exchanged quite a few 'hellos' along the way.

royal botanic gardens melbourne

The Melbourne Observatory.

royal botanic gardens melbourne

A few vignettes from the gardens.

royal botanic gardens melbourne

The beauty and serenity of the oak lawn.

royal botanic gardens melbourne

Then it was back home to the Hatton Hotel.

hatton hotel

I did a mini shop shoot when I was in town so I'll be back on Wednesday with some of my photos.

Bye for now,

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment