SLIDER

an apple orchard

A few weeks ago I decided to do something I'd not done before - go apple picking. Apples are in season and I wanted to bake something appley. I checked the Hawkesbury Harvest website and decided to visit Pine Crest Orchard in Bilpin. I left home really early and arrived in Bilpin about 20 minutes before the orchard opened.



I took a few photos of the local petrol station. Aren't the old petrol bowsers amazing?



Pine Crest Orchard was only a short drive away.



I arrived so early, I was the first person there but by the time I left Pine Crest the car park was full.



I'd hoped to pick some granny smith apples but the season at Pine Crest had just finished so I came home with a bag of Pink Lady apples instead. I was a bit hungry so I ate a few apples on the long drive back to Sydney. Apples fresh from the tree taste so much better than apples stored for months in cold storage. Pine Crest is all picked out and is now closed until December when the stone fruit season commences.

I'm looking forward to a return visit.  

See you all next week with an apple treat,

Jillian







PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.