SLIDER

the heritage highway - tasmania

When I last wrote, I was in Hobart but about to make my way north to Launceston. I travelled back to Launceston along the Heritage Highway. First stop was Oatlands, home to many beautiful Georgian buildings. 

oatlands photo blog-3_zps5ecb3ec2.jpg

Oatlands is also home to the Callington Mill, a working mill. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take a tour of the mill but I took plenty of photos instead.



The Mill was restored in 2010 and it's a thing of beauty.


oatlands photo blog-1_zpse3cd45c4.jpg


I'm sure I've been to Oatlands before but I didn't remember it being this charming.

oatlands photo blog-5_zps19d1205a.jpg


I came home with a memento of my visit but I still haven't decided what to make with my bag of flour from Oatlands.

oatlands photo blog-4_zps4a0a3ff7.jpg

Back in the car for the short drive along the highway to the village of Ross, home to this beautiful bridge.

ross bridge photo blog-3_zps21b3f278.jpg

It was a lovely day, the first time the sun shone all day during my trip.

ross bridge photo blog-1_zps5bec4b90.jpg


Ross has lots of sweet buildings along it's main street.

ross photo blog-2_zps9b7c45d8.jpg

Like the old Holden Garage and the Ross Post Office.

ross post office photo blog-4_zps33062ad2.jpg

Isn't this house painted the prettiest shade of green?

ross photo blog-5_zps986c402b.jpg

From Ross I drove to Hadspen, for my last night in Tasmania. I'll bring you photos from Hadspen and Evandale in my final Tasmanian post some time next week but before then I have a little bit of baking to share with you.

See you all again soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.