SLIDER

the red feather inn and evandale

My last night in Tasmania was spent at the Red Feather Inn in Hadspen, not far from Launceston.



I did get lost trying to find the Red Feather Inn but then I spent most of my week in Tasmania hopelessly lost. The Red Feather Inn however is worth discovering. The Inn is set amongst beautiful gardens and as a wedding photographer, it would be the perfect location for a wedding.



Lydia, the owner, served tea under the wisteria.

the red feather inn photo blog-12_zps8dba1d02.jpg

The lovely interiors.

the red feather inn photo blog-14_zps3c506b67.jpg

The Red Feather Inn runs a cooking school and I would have loved to attend a class if I'd had the time. Instead it was back into the car for a drive over to Evandale

evandale photo blog-8_zps00d5adc8.jpg

Evandale is home to some beautiful buildings. The Uniting Church is one of my favourites.

st andrew's church, evandale photo blog-3_zpsa24830ac.jpg

So of course, I took loads of photos of it.

st andrew's church, evandale photo blog-1_zps05a095ec.jpg

Both in colour

evandale photo blog-6_zpsf0e10f90.jpg

and black and white.

evandale photo blog-5_zps9e9bcecb.jpg

The stately Blenheim.

blenheim, evandale photo blog-7_zps824cb392.jpg

Another St. Andrew's Church, this time the Anglican church.

evandale photo blog-2_zps5d4a53a8.jpg

I visited Evandale twice, the second time in brilliant sunshine.

evandale photo blog-4_zps2612e4bb.jpg

Then it was back into the car for the drive to Clarendon House.

clarendon house photo blog-9_zps99737199.jpg

Clarendon House looked much the same as my last visit over 20 years ago.

clarendon house photo blog-10_zps30ca2d5e.jpg

With a little bit of time left before my flight home I visited Josef Chromy Wines. There was no time for wine tasting but sufficient time to take a few photos.  

josef chromy photo blog-15_zpscdaaee16.jpg

It was a glorious day.

josef chromy photo blog-16_zpsa5cf43cd.jpg

The modern restaurant, another great location for a wedding, looking out over the vineyard.

josef chromy photo blog-17_zpscea22069.jpg

My last black and white images.

josef chromy photo blog-18_zpsbe3e99f4.jpg

So there you have it, my week in Tasmania. I hope you enjoyed my travels.

See you all again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.