SLIDER

paris - the marais

I've done a lot of flying this past week. I flew in from Zurich Wednesday night and was back on a plane early Friday morning. I've just returned home from a flying visit to Brisbane and I've added my weekend bag to the pack sitting on the floor in my bedroom. Memo to self - clear everything away before returning to work on Thursday.

I took my black and white film off to the lab last week before flying to Brisbane, so in about 2 weeks time I should have some of those images to share with you. I'm trying out a new film lab so I hope they turn out okay. Now that I'm back home with no flights on the agenda for the next few months, it's time to bring you some more images from Paris. 




On my first day in Paris, I immediately went to the Marais, my favourite part of Paris.




As always if I see a pretty flower shop, then I must photograph it.





This looks like a flower shop, but it's actually an hotel.



The perfectly perfect, Place des Vosges.



There are always plenty of interesting street signs.




The Marais is such a lively place with great shopping as well.



The next day I was up bright and early in time for Printemps to open. Why? So I could photograph the roof tops of Paris with as few other people as possible.



I'm almost reluctant to share this knowledge with you, cos I like the fact that the view from Printemps is a bit of a local secret.




I don't think I really need to write anything here other than - quintessential Paris.




I'll leave you with a little taste of Paris.



I was thinking of running a short (4 week) self paced online photography course teaching the basics of camera control, exposure and image processing so that you can progress from point and shoot level to understanding all those buttons and dials on your SLR. 

I have no idea of the logistics of such an undertaking, I was just wondering if there's any interest amongst my readers. If that's something that would interest you, you can leave a comment or email me info(at)jillianleiboff(dot)com and I'll take it from there.

Time for me to check on my dinner so I'll see you all again soonish,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.