SLIDER

singapore - city hall and esplanade

I spent most of my time in Singapore in the Suntec Convention Centre. At lunch time I'd go for a walk around the local area which covered City Hall, the old Fire Station, the Arts Precinct and the Esplanade area.

I just loved the Fire Station. It looks so solid and imposing and of course a step back in time.

the old fire station, singapore photo blog-9_zps4st250pp.jpg

Nearby is the beautiful peaceful Armenian Church



I think it's beautiful.

the armenian church, singapore photo blog-27_zpsdiukyylf.jpg

It has a simple white washed exterior and similarly modest interior.

the armenian church, singapore photo blog-22_zpsfuldu6mo.jpg

Next I walked along the river to the Arts Precinct.

singapore photo blog-26_zpsdl4waptk.jpg

The old Parliament buildings have been turned into a variety of galleries.

the arts house, singapore photo blog-16_zpsg4jwesqy.jpg

The imposing Supreme Court Building is in the process being transformed into the National Gallery.

 photo blog-23_zpsjwn9nmz4.jpg

I kept walking until I reached the lovely old Cavenagh Bridge which led to the Fullerton Hotel.

the fullerton hotel, singapore photo blog-12_zpsylwf27xo.jpg

The view from the bridge.

 photo blog-19_zpsiauggikh.jpg


Just past the hotel is the Merlion. The place was packed with tourists taking selfies. I have to be honest I found the Merlion a bit ugly so I focused on some details.



Here's the view across to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the Artscience Museum.

marina bay sands, singapore photo blog-21_zpsdnyxzmks.jpg

The last stop on my walk was the Esplanade Theatre, not far from the convention centre.

the esplanade theatre, singapore photo blog-28_zpshvb7qilv.jpg

Just one more Singapore post to go and then I should have some photos from Tokyo to share with you.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.