SLIDER

singapore - city hall and esplanade

I spent most of my time in Singapore in the Suntec Convention Centre. At lunch time I'd go for a walk around the local area which covered City Hall, the old Fire Station, the Arts Precinct and the Esplanade area.



I just loved the Fire Station. It looks so solid and imposing and of course a step back in time.



I think it's beautiful.



It has a simple white washed exterior and similarly modest interior.



Next I walked along the river to the Arts Precinct.



The old Parliament buildings have been turned into a variety of galleries.



The imposing Supreme Court Building is in the process being transformed into the National Gallery.



I kept walking until I reached the lovely old Cavenagh Bridge which led to the Fullerton Hotel.



The view from the bridge.




Just past the hotel is the Merlion. The place was packed with tourists taking selfies. I have to be honest I found the Merlion a bit ugly so I focused on some details.



Here's the view across to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the Artscience Museum.





The last stop on my walk was the Esplanade Theatre, not far from the convention centre.



Just one more Singapore post to go and then I should have some photos from Tokyo to share with you.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.