SLIDER

shopshoot - weylandts

Hi Every-one,

last week I flew down to Melbourne to attend a food photography seminar at the Digital Imaging Show. While I was down there I also visited the David Bowie exhibition at the ACMI. It was amazing but there was so much content that the exhibition really deserved a much larger venue. The music accompanying the exhibition was great and I still have the song 'Life on Mars' on repeat in my head.

Have you ever been to Melbourne? I have family down there, so I've been a regular visitor since I was a little girl. When I was 14, I was considered old enough to fly down solo so I spent a few weeks of the school holidays with my friend Jenny and her family. Even at 14 I could appreciate that Melbourne was a shopping mecca and it still is today.

weylandts photo blog-15_zpsvyhnmwgj.jpg

So shopping was definitely on my to-do list while I was in town. Apart from prop shopping I was on the hunt for furniture for my living room and found my way to Weylandts in Abbotsford. I was looking for an armchair that I'd seen on-line.

weylandts photo blog-2_zpsdqptcmtb.jpg


Weylandts is housed in a massive old warehouse a short walk from Collingwood Station. Apart from furniture and accessories, it houses a busy cafe, called The Kitchen by Weylandts.



The building is huge with soaring ceilings so it's the perfect canvas for large scale furniture and installations.

weylandts photo blog-13_zpslkfxpy0p.jpg


A closer look at that amazing chandelier.


weylandts photo blog-14_zpsdlynqorv.jpg

Another corner of the building.

weylandts photo blog-10_zps86pszerd.jpg

I found some bold patterns.

weylandts photo blog-11_zps5ncx9vjx.jpg

Interesting textures.

weylandts photo blog-12_zpsoswkqrfu.jpg

This beautiful mirror which reminded me of the peacock cane bed head and chair that's in my old bedroom in Brisbane.

weylandts photo blog-8_zpstvmdv8hb.jpg

Wall art featuring earthy tones and textures.

weylandts photo blog-7_zpsmt8wpfnj.jpg

A few little piggies

weylandts photo blog-5_zpsxn2qzluy.jpg

and walls of accessories to provide those final finishing touches.

weylandts photo blog-4_zpstayeuelg.jpg

I did eventually  track down the armchair but as I couldn't fit it into my carry on, I came home with a little something for the kitchen that will make it's début on the blog very soon.

weylandts photo blog-1_zpsv9ll6mgo.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my little visit to Weylandts. See you all again next week with some more baking from my kitchen,

Bye for now,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.