SLIDER

paris - the marais and beyond

I had 4 full days in Paris and I tried to use them as wisely as possible.I stayed in the 9th arrondisement, a new area for me. Whilst scenically it wasn't the prettiest area, it was very well located for the rest of Paris. I revisited old favourite locations such as the Marais; tried out some new to me art galleries as well as taking a day trip to Fontainebleu. I took lots of photos so there'll probably be a few posts devoted to my stay in Paris.




Let's start in the Marais, where I found this amazing door.




Walking along Rue St-Antoine, I spied some gorgeous flower shops.





and the fruits of summer.



The shop Merci is on the edge of the Marais so I began my day there before walking to the Musee Picasso.



I love the book lined walls of the cafe and of course the signature Fiat out the front.



Inside I discovered there were some new more muted colours in their famed range of linen.



But I had a museum to visit so I walked from Merci to the Musee Picasso.



The museum was closed for renovations last time I was in Paris.



It's still the same peaceful place I remember from before.



I thought the recent terrorist attacks might have changed Paris.



Thankfully, that wasn't the case. The cafes were full of people enjoying themselves.



I'll be back some time next week with more images from Paris.

Bye for now,

Jillian





PRINT RECIPE

1 comment

  1. Good blog, it brings back memories to Le Marais, a fashionable district, with museums, libraries and schools, surrounded by the best clothes and food shops, and modern art galleries.
    I tried to write a blog about Le Marais, hope you also like it: https://stenote.blogspot.com/2020/11/paris-at-le-marais.html

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.