SLIDER

apricot and almond muesli

I'm a creature of habit so most mornings  for my breakfast I have muesli topped with fruit and yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. When I go shopping for my favourite muesli, which is apricot and almond, frustratingly it's often sold out. I've tried other combinations but that's the one I like.



The last time my muesli was unavailable (last week to be exact) I looked at the back of the bag of muesli I had in the cupboard and realised I had most of the ingredients in the pantry so I decided to recreate the muesli at home.



I took out my calculator and reverse engineered the muesli and this is what I came up with.




If you're wondering about the rice flour, it's to keep all the dried fruits separate and it seems to stop the apricot pieces from softening the oats.



If you'd like to try making your own muesli at home, here's the recipe for you. Feel free to use whatever dried fruit you prefer and 
I'd love to hear your favourite combinations. 



Apricot and almond muesli - makes approximately 750 grams

Ingredients
125g dried fruit (55 g sultanas, 45 g chopped dried apricot, 25 g currants)
½ tsp rice flour
480g rolled oats
90g bran straws
30g natural almonds
18g sunflower seeds
17g coconut flakes

In a large bowl combine the dried fruits with the rice flour. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine. Store in an airtight container. 



See you all again soon. 

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.