SLIDER

cape town - part II

I'm writing this from Namibia where the internet is a rare and slow beast. I had so many more images to share from my time in Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula so I thought I'd quickly write a post while the internet was available.



The Company Gardens, like Bo Kaap, were just a short walk from my airbnb. During the breaks between sessions I'd walk down there to roam around. The Gardens are quite old and formal in their lay-out, which I really liked and home to many squirrels.



This beautiful fountain greeted me.



I visited Cape Town in winter when many of the leaves had fallen from the trees.



The Gardens are fronted by Queen Victoria Street where I stumbled upon an impromptu fashion shoot.



The next sunny day I decided to do the Lions Head walk. I found it pretty hard going and I blamed my still raging jet-lag.



The walk gave spectacular vantage point for views over Cape Town.



It was a hot and dusty climb at times but worth it for these views.



I found these interesting flowers on my walk down the hill to the 107 bus stop which took me back to my apartment.



Once the Conference was over I collected a car and decided to drive down to see the penguins. I drove through Constantia first and paid a visit to Groot Constantia as I was interested in seeing some Dutch Cape architecture.



The vine yards were a picture of autumnal colour.



and the early morning sun shining through the oak trees made for a lovely sight.



It was too early in the morning for wine tasting so I got back into the car and drove to Muizenberg to see the coloured bathing boxes.



It was a cold and blustery day which brought in a dense fog which shrouded Boulders Beach, home to these sweet little penguins.



Despite the fog, thankfully these little guys still came out to play.



After all that driving it was time for some lunch so I made my way back to Kalk Bay and Live Bait.



The restaurant is housed in a building overlooking the working harbour ensuring spectacular views to accompany your meal.



I also had this little guy for company. Fur seals and penguins in one day, I felt very lucky.



I still have plenty more images to share of the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, wine tasting in Stellenbosch and my trip to Robertson but no time in which to prepare the images. It's all go, go, go on this trip to Namibia.

See you all again soonish,

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.