SLIDER

gluten free chocolate cheesecake brownies



Most weeks I try to bake something new but for work morning teas I normally make something tried and tested like brownies, chocolate caramel slice or tart lemon squares. I needed to bake something that could be frozen so I decided to make a batch of chocolate cheesecake brownies.



I've been making chocolate cheesecake brownies for 8 years now but decided to make a gluten free version. When I checked the fridge I was a bit low on butter so I made the brownie portion using oil. If you've not done this before, brownies made with oil turn out really well.



My passover brownie mix contains potato starch which makes the brownies really squidgy, so I knew I was going to do the same with the gluten free version. I took the brownies out of the oven when the filling was just set, so they were still very moist when I cut them into squares.



Here's the recipe for you. For all my recipes I use a 250 ml cup, a 20 ml tablespoon, unsalted butter and 60g eggs. My oven is a conventional gas oven so if your oven is fan forced you may need to reduce the oven temperature by 20°C. 

Gluten free chocolate cheesecake brownies
Brownie layer
150g dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup (125ml) sunflower oil
⅔ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
30g gluten free plain flour
20g potato starch
2 tbs cocoa powder
pinch sea salt flakes

Cheesecake layer
250g softened cream cheese
¼ cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

Method
Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with baking paper, making sure the paper goes up all four sides. Preheat oven to 180ºC. 

Place the chopped chocolate and oil in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second bursts until the chocolate has melted, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the sugar, the vanilla extract and the eggs. Mix until well combined.

Sift the flour, potato starch and cocoa into a small bowl. Stir the sifted flour into the chocolate mixture with the salt flakes and mix thoroughly until the batter becomes smooth and glossy. Spread half the batter into the prepared pan.

In a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese, the sugar, vanilla and the egg until smooth. Distribute the cream cheese mixture and the remaining brownie mixture in dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter. Rap the pan on a countertop a few times to let the batter and swirl settle together.

Bake in the preheated oven until the batter in the centre of the pan feels just set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely before inverting the brownies onto a cutting board. Turn right side up immediately then cut the brownies into squares.

These cheesecake brownies will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days. They also freeze well for up to two months.



These brownies are easy to make and so delicious. 

See you all again next week with some more baking from my kitchen.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.