SLIDER

hobart - part I



I know it's been a while since I last blogged but I've been away for the past 3 weeks and have just returned to Sydney. On Sunday I went back into my kitchen for the first time in ages. I made a pot of berry jam to take advantage of all the berries in the fruit shop and will start baking later in the week. I promise that my food posts will return next week. In the meantime I have some photos to share with you of Hobart, where I spent a few days last week. It's no secret that I love Tasmania and one day hope to buy a place down there. 



Flying down to Hobart was a last minute decision. I stayed for a few days at the Moss Hotel at Salamanca Place, a new hotel tucked into an old warehouse. 




I took quite a few photos of the hotel, which is decked out in shades of mossy green, one of my favourite colours.



I stayed in a Grove Room which overlooked Sullivan's Cove. The bed was so comfortable I would have been happy to curl up there all day with a good book but I had things to do and places to see.



The glamorous bathroom.



Once I'd settled in I walked up Kelly's Steps to Battery Point, passing by this art installation.



I stayed in Battery Point during my second visit to Hobart about 20 years ago and fell in love with the place then. If money was no object I'd love to buy one of the beautiful places I walked past.



I roamed the streets doing a self guided walk.



The flowers were in bloom.



I walked past mansions and cottages down to the waterfront.



You can take a sculpture walk around Battery Point.



The next day I collected a hire car and drove south to Huon Valley, an apple growing region.



Tasmania is not called the Apple Isle for no reason.



I stopped by the side of the road to take a few photos of these apple trees at Lucaston Park Orchards.



I have plenty more photos to share, so I'll be back later in the week with Part II of my trip to Hobart.

See you all again soon.

Bye for now,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.