SLIDER

hobart - part II



Welcome to part 2 of my mini break in Hobart.  I wanted to visit Mt. Wellington during my visit and found the only way to get there was to hike or book onto a tour bus. In the end I hired a car for the day and drove there.



It was a bit of a grey day which I thought might obscure the views of Hobart but in the end I think it added some atmosphere.



I drove back down Mt. Wellington and returned to Salamanca Place via the famous Cascade Brewery. It's such an iconic building.



I'm not a beer drinker so I wandered around the gardens instead of doing a brewery tour.



The next day dawned bright and sunny so I went for a wander around the Botanical Gardens.



The gardens were filled with colour and bird life.


As well as revisiting some favourite parts of the gardens I visited some new to me places, like the Tasmanian Community Food Garden.



Artichokes and bramley apples, any-one?



The beautiful lily pond.







I think this was my first visit to the Japanese garden.



Japanese garden design is always so serene.



Once the car was safely returned I made my way back to the hotel via Pigeon Whole Bakers where I bought this danish. I was on holidays, so no judging please. I call this research.



Revived by the pastry I continued to explore Hobart on foot.



The austere facade of St John's Presbyterian Church.



The beautiful Treasury buildings.



The Theatre Royal dwarfed by the new Royal Hobart Hospital building.



The Synagogue, the oldest in Australia.



The stately Hobart Town Hall.



From down-town Hobart it's a short walk to the waterfront and the Elizabeth Street Pier. 



This seagull was happy to pose for a photo.



The old steam engine at Victoria Dock.



Dock still life.



Life imitating art.



That's all for now from my trip to Hobart. I did take my film camera with me but the roll isn't finished yet so I'll share those images some time in the future.

See you all again next with some baking from my kitchen.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.