SLIDER

Dungog

June was always going to be a busy month. Tuesday night I met a friend for yet another birthday dinner, this time at bistrode in Surry Hills. Sandra and I both dined on posh comfort food - wagyu corned beef with suet dumpling and rhubarb and apple crumble. It was all delicious and I was very glad that I'd squeezed in a visit to the gym before the meal. The rest of the week was a combination of work and last minute trip planning.



It was time to take a road trip to visit my brother in the country. After a few weeks of wet weather Saturday was a glorious day - perfect weather for the 3 hour drive to Dungog.



I came with cameras and baking goods as I always take photos and bake something whilst there. I made a coconut pound cake with passionfruit icing but we didn't have time to cut it before it was time for the long drive home. I'll be making another cake this coming weekend so there should be some photos of the cake next weekend.




The garden was blooming and I had a roam around the vegetable garden that's been planted since my last visit. We had roast lamb for dinner with salad ingredients from the garden - lettuce, rocket, snow peas and some herbs. I munched on freshly podded peas whilst Andrew picked the proper stuff.



We went for a stroll around Dungog this morning while waiting for Andrew's bread to bake. I cut a slab, buttered it and smeared on some vegemite to sustain me on the long ride home.




Back home it's been all chores, chores and more chores. Another busy week ahead with the final birthday celebration planned for Saturday. Who else can spread 1 birthday over an entire month???


Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.