SLIDER

Film vs Digital

In the States, Jonathan Canlas runs a workshop that he calls "Film is Not Dead". In that spirit I shot some film during my road trip to Canberra.

Below are some of the images that I shot digitally, then to compare I shot the same image on film. All the digital files are straight out of camera (sooc) whilst the film scans are also uncorrected. I overexposed all the colour film, Fuji NPH 400, by 1- 1.5 stops to keep the whites white, whilst I normally underexpose digital images slightly to make sure I keep detail in the highlights.










Look how blue the sky is in the film and how the colour pops in the film images. So what did the image really look like? - about halfway between the film and the digital image. 

Will I keep shooting on film? Sure thing,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.