SLIDER

Anzac Day - Anzac Biscuits

April 25 is Anzac Day in Australia and New Zealand, a day which commemorates the landing of Australian and New Zealand forces at Gallipoli in Turkey in 1915 and those soldiers who fought in the battles of the Somme. So what else could I bake today but Anzac biscuits?



I think this is one of the first recipes I ever made. Anzac Biscuits are an Australian tradition, which began during the first World War. Australian women would send parcels of Anzac biscuits to their sons, brothers, sweethearts and husbands serving overseas.



The biscuit recipe doesn't contain any eggs so could survive the long sea journey from home in Australia to the battlefields in Europe.




Hard as I try, I can never make it out of my warm bed to photograph the Dawn Service so baking a batch of Anzac Biscuits is my tribute to the day.



See you all again soon,


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.