SLIDER

Friday Favourite - Negombo

I visited Sri Lanka about a year before the tsunami hit the region. I took this photo on the last day of my trip at the seaside town of Negombo. I often wonder if the children in this photo survived.



These schoolchildren were waiting, somewhat impatiently, for their hot lunch to arrive. The boys were acting up in front of the camera as you can imagine, but I was far more interested in the young girl in the foreground of the photo. It's one of those rare occasions when the image turns out exactly the way you envisioned it.

This print formed part of my final year portfolio and although I've done a large print for myself I've never managed to get it framed and up on the wall. 'Waiting' is still my most favourite photo.

Happy Weekend every-one,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

4 comments

  1. Haaaaa.

    So you are a pro photograph.
    Ever tought about making a cookbook all by yourself? Looks like you're on your way!

    Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Max,

    yes I did study photography and it was all film based. I finished my course in 2003 and have had to learn/teach myself digital.

    I am working on a cookbook which I hope to publish later this year or early next year, so watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in college I had an introduction to photography, film based.
    Is it much different in digital?

    How is it now for the colors in digital? Still a difference with film?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Max,

    digital exposure is more like tranparency. You expose for highlights more than for shadows.

    The newer digital cameras give much better colour than before - it's close to film but still not the same.

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.