SLIDER

Eveleigh Artisan Markets Part 2

Well here is the full post I promised you. I read last Saturday's paper and saw a small ad for the Eveleigh Artisan Markets which are held on the first Sunday of the month. I haven't managed to get to the food market as I never seem to be free between 8.00 and 3.00 on a Saturday but I made time on this very rainy Sunday.




Eveleigh was the site of the old railway workshops and the marketplace is housed an old railway building. It's a great space and as soon as I walked in I could imagine it as a very funky wedding venue.



The markets haven't been running very long and it certainly hasn't reached it's potential as yet, but there was still a decent crowd when I was there. Apart from shoppers, there were lots of families with small children and plenty of dogs so I was happy.


I took photos of stallholders whose work appealled to me so this may not truly reflect other people's impressions of the markets.



Like Selkie and Poe.



The Near Future



Chi-Chi



Born Again Books



And Electric Firefly.

2016 update - Only Electric Firefly has an active website.

I hope you've enjoyed my little visit to the Artisan Markets. I'm sure I'll be back for the December Markets so I can pick up some goodies for Christmas.

Have a great weekend,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.