SLIDER

Vancouver

I wasn't sure what to post today. It's hump day and I'm going out for dinner tonight so I knew there wasn't going to be time for a long post. I wracked my brains and thought, Winter Olympics and Vancouver!

Vancouver is one of my favourite cities. I love the contrast between the harbour and the snow capped mountains. I think I've visited Vancouver 4 times so far and no doubt I'll return in the future. I attended a conference in Vancouver about 2 years ago and the city was a hive of activity with new projects for the 2010 Winter Olympics.



Coming from Brisbane my snow and ice skills are severely limited. I tried ice skating, curling, and skiing when I lived in Canada. I managed to master skiing, couldn't quite fathom the purpose of curling and was a dismal failure at ice skating. That didn't stop me from loving ice hockey and after watching a few live games, I returned to Australia an avid ice hockey fan.

Sydney was a wonderful place to be during the 2000 Summer Olympic Games. Wouldn't it be fun to be in Vancouver right now?

I'll be in Melboune on Friday. I'm not sure what internet access I'll have so I can't promise I'll be able to post but if not then I'll be back next Monday, with lots of goodies for you.

Until then,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

1 comment

  1. Elisa Chappelle11:42 am

    As you may know, Vancouver is my hometown! Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it there for the Olympics, but I wanted to thank you for this post! I always like to hear that others love it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.