SLIDER

Pumpkin Spice Cake

Every now and again I like to try something different. One of the girls at work mentioned she'd like me to bake a carrot cake. I found this recipe for carrot cake and wondered how it would taste if I used grated pumpkin instead of carrot.





The cake is really moist and I only used half the quantity of drained pineapple specified in the recipe. Next time I mightn't use any pineapple at all because I have plans to completely turn the recipe upside down and inside out.






The best part of the cake as always is the cream cheese icing. I decided to fill the cake with the same icing as I love it so much.



As the recipe includes dates and toasted nuts, of course I had to decorate the top with a few extra fresh dates and some pecans.


The verdict? It's pretty good but I was left wondering how it would taste if I first cooked the pumpkin and maybe used butter instead of oil, then left out the pineapple, nuts and dates. If I ever revamp the recipe, I'll let you all know how it turns out.


I'm heading to Brisbane for a few days with the family so if I don't get the chance to post before Friday, I wish everybody a Happy Easter or Passover.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Your cake looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny,

    it was one of the most popular cakes I've ever brought into work. My colleagues aren't bakers but they did ask for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.