SLIDER

Lemon Pistachio Shortbread II

Do you remember these lemon and pistachio shortbread crescents? I wasn't happy with their texture and wanted to try another recipe.



I adapted this recipe (again). I divided the mixture in two and to one half I added a combination of toasted and untoasted pecans and the finely grated rind of a lemon. I'll post pictures next week of what I did with the remaining half.


I kept things simple and followed the recipe (for a change!) and simply cut the rolls into 1 cm thick slices, then dusted the cookies with icing sugar when they came out of the oven.



These shortbread cookies are absolutely delicious and keep well in an airtight in and they were perfect with a cup of tea. Next time I make them, I'll try shaping them into crescents then icing them. The mixture is very soft so it could be an absolute disaster. 



I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent most of mine writing the annual Christmas letter; making gift lists and buying Christmas cards. Christmas is scarily close. 

I'll be back again on Wednesday,

Jillian


PRINT RECIPE

3 comments

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.