SLIDER

shopshoot - shelf/life

A few months ago I visited shelf/life in Reservoir Street Surry Hills. I was looking to buy some fog linen work goodies and shelf/life was the stockist closest to my home. Jess, the owner was in the shop, and we had a long chat about work, design and blogging. Her store was filled with all sorts of lovely things, so I asked if I'd be able to shoot her shop.



Jess and I arranged to meet last Saturday. I arrived a bit early so I filled my time shooting around the local area.



The shop is filled with some of Jess's vintage furniture finds and an amazing hand drawn chalk mural.



I roamed around the store trying to shoot from every angle so you'd get a feel for the airy feeling of the shop. There are so many lovely things in the store and I was a bit worried I'd leave with half the shop.



Isn't this mobile sweet?



I recognised a few items like ceramics from Bison Australia, letter pressed cards from Bespoke Press as well as fabrics from Skinny Laminx.



I loved this colour way of yellow, cream and muted green.



Some touches of green.



My favourite item - Dusty, the chalkboard with her cute puppy shaped eraser.  With Christmas around the corner, shelf/life would be a great place to pick up some unique handmade gifts and as expected, I didn't leave the store empty handed.



I was thinking of doing one more shopshoot this year and I was wondering whether you'd like to help select the store? The store must be in the Sydney area, have stock you'd think fellow blog readers would like to see and I'd prefer if it was a store in which you have no financial interest. Just leave the shop details in the comments section or email me.

Bye for now,

Jillian

2016 Edit - the shop has now closed but Shelf/Life still has it's online store.
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.