SLIDER

Madame Grès Exhibition

I love to visit galleries on my holidays. Life just seems to get in the way when I'm at home in Sydney. My favourite exhibition in Paris was the Madame Grès exhibition at the Musee Bourdelle. The exhibition runs until August 28, 2011 so you still have time to get there.



Whilst I knew little about Madame Grès, I did know she was a couturier. I was amazed at how fresh and modern her designs were.



The decision to hold the exhibition in a sculpture gallery was an inspired one, as her designs had such a sculptural quality.



I could see a modern bride wearing one of these designs.



Some of the colours she used were quite wild but I liked this ocean inspired palette.



I'd have thought the cut away back on this number would have been quite daring in it's time.



I'm currently in Berlin on the last leg of my holiday. It's been a week without any internet and I had over 100 items in Google Reader to review and I'm too scared to check my work emails. 

My next post will be about Dubrovnik and then I'll be winging my way home to Sydney. I'm a bit sad about that but all good things must come to an end. I have so much more to share with you but it will all have to wait until I return home.

Bye for now,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.