SLIDER

berlin in black and white

I set myself a challenge when shooting film. I only used one lens, a 50 mm, which meant I had to get up close and personal with my subjects. I had one shot left on the roll of film before I flew home so I took this photo from my hotel room. It was a cold, grey and wet morning and you can just make out the twinkling lights of the television tower in the gloom.



My hotel was on Rosenthaler Strasse and this building was just around the corner.



I spent my last afternoon taking photos along Weinbergsweg where I found this sweet little birdie perched on a bike.





This gorgeous building was close to Kollwitzplatz.



I took this photo at Flohmarkt am Mauerpark. Doesn't it have a mod 60's vibe?




This wurst stall is just around the corner from the Reichstag. I was there a bit too early in the morning even for wurst.




 I took this photo from the Reichstag Dome.




I snapped a few images of the Brandenburg Gate both when it was sunny and when the weather was dreary. I had to shoot high to avoid the American Indian and Marilyn Monroe look a-likes and various actors dressed in uniform all willing to have their photos taken.




I only took 2 photos of the Holocaust Memorial. The stones vary in height so I took this one where I was dwarfed by the height of the stones.
 


On my way back from Schloss Sanssouci, I left the train at Grunewald Station where I visited the memorial on platform 17. It's a very simple but moving memorial to deportations from the station.




I still have a roll of black and white images from Paris and plenty of shop shoots to share with you, which I hope to do some time next week. I hope your week is going well. 

See you all soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.