SLIDER

florentines - the christmas collection

Florentines are little sweet treats that I remember from my childhood. One of my workmates Cathy, contributed this really quick and easy Florentine recipe.



Feel free to alter the mix of nuts and fruit because that's exactly what I did.



I've never been a fan of glace cherries so I used some dried sweetened cranberries instead. I finely chopped crystallised ginger and mixed peel and added that in with the sultanas for a bit of variety. There were no peanuts in the house, so I used toasted flaked almonds instead. It's that kind of recipe.



Florentines are very yummy and the one you see in the picture lasted about 20 seconds after this shot was taken. The cute gift tag is from kikki-k.

Florentines (from the Australian Womens Weekly) printable version
Ingredients
1 cup cornflakes
30 gm (1 oz) red glace cherries
½ cup sultanas (golden raisins)
½ cup raw peanuts
80 ml (1/3 cup) condensed milk
60 gm (2 oz) dark chocolate

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.Line oven trays with baking paper.

In a bowl combine the slightly-crushed cornflakes, finely-chopped cherries, sultanas, peanuts and condensed milk and mix well. Drop tablepoonfuls on to oven trays.

Bake at 180°C/350°F for 8 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown. Leave on trays to cool. Use spatula to remove when cold and place on a wire rack.

Melt chopped chocolate in top of double saucepan over simmering water. Using a spatula, spread chocolate on base of the cooled biscuit. Mark wavy lines in the chocolate with a fork. Let chocolate set before storing in an airtight container.

Makes 24.

That was the last of my Christmas posts and I do hope you enjoyed them. I'm going to take a week or so off from blogging so have a great Christmas and I'll see you all back again some time  in the New Year.

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Ohh they look yummy! Have a wonderful Christmas and much deserved rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alischa and the same to you,

    J

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.