SLIDER

shopshoot - kitchen by mike

Have you been to Kitchen by Mike yet? Well I have but not to eat. Instead I went there to take photos.



A few months ago I heard chef Mike McEnearney take the chef's challenge on Simon Marnie's programme on 702 ABC. He spoke about his new venture, Kitchen by Mike and the set up sounded quite a bit like Ottolenghi. As you know, I love all things Ottolenghi so I wanted to see it for myself.



The canteen is part of the Koskela complex in Rosebery, hence the cool, clean design aesthetic.




There's an outdoor dining area and a garden that's still a work in progress. I loved the old gate. Farmer Andrew has the same gates at his place in the country.




The menu changes daily depending on what's fresh and best at the market that day so you'll need to check the Kitchen by Mike Facebook page for the day's menu. 



You can take a little bit of Kitchen by Mike home with you.



A little rustic corner.



Onsite parking takes on a new meaning!



I've been to Kitchen by Mike twice now. The first time was during a busy Sunday breakfast service.



Last week I visited after the end of service. There was a different kind of energy.



Kitchen by Mike is at 85 Dunning Avenue Rosebery in Sydney and is open daily for breakfast, lunch, coffee and cake.

2016 edit - Kitchen by Mike has now closed. Mike is opening a new venue but as yet the location hasn't been announced.

See you all again next week,


Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.