SLIDER

pronto - pumpkin, leek and goats curd tart

As winter closes in here, I turn to my old standby, the humble pumpkin. Last month I found a pumpkin tart recipe in Gourmet Traveller which combined oven roasted pumpkin with goats curd. I knew I had to try it but decided to simplify the whole matter by purchasing my favourite brand of butter puff pastry instead of making the pastry from scratch.



As I wasn't cooking for a crowd I halved the filling recipe and only used half the pastry to make an oblong tart. I haven't decided how to use the rest of the puff pastry - maybe another tarte tartin?




I've been on a bit of a soup kick of late, so dinner was a big bowl of carrot and red lentil soup followed by a slice of the tart with some bitter green leaves.



I'm heading to Brisbane for the Queens Birthday Long Weekend, where I hope the weather will be better then here in Sydney. 

See you all again next week.

Until then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

2 comments

  1. Anonymous8:01 pm

    I am so going to make this tart - perfect flavour combination and I have a gorgeous jar of goats cheese in the fridge waiting to be used. Thank you for the recipe link. Do you roll the Careme out prior to using due to the thickness of the pastry? It is a such a lovely buttery puff pastry. Have a lovely weekend Jillian.
    Cheers, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I used the Careme pastry as is, but I'm sure you could roll it out a tad,

      J

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.