SLIDER

lotta jansdotter

I haven't featured as many shopshoots on the blog this year as I have in the past, so I was determined to get a few shopshoots done during my 3 week trip to Montreal, Quebec and New York.

As you may know, I write a monthly column for decor8 called 'Shopgirl visits' but as Holly's readers are not my readers I don't always know what shops will appeal to her audience. I asked Holly for some suggestions before I flew to New York and she suggested approaching Lotta Jansdotter. I was familiar with Lotta's work, in fact I'd bought some cards featuring her designs some time back. I emailed Lotta and we arranged a time to meet.

Lotta works from a studio in Brooklyn. I've been to Brooklyn before but I soon discovered each area of Brooklyn has a different look and feel. Lotta's studio is located in an industrial part of Brooklyn called Gowanus where the skyline is dominated by this sign.



It was a glorious day and it was easy to spot Lotta's studio by it's vibrant colour.



Lotta apologised because the area was a bit sparse but I love to photograph sparse, so I was happy. I have this motto, 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should'. I'm definitely a less is more kind of girl.



There were all kinds of sweet vignettes to photograph, like this one.



I just love that Blue mason jar.



The studio is a real workspace as evidenced by this collection of shears.



Lotta can even make aprons and a collection of pens look attractive!



There was plenty of colour on display as well.



I spied some Rae Dunn ceramics alongside some of Lotta's textiles.



A symphony of blue and green featuring some of Lotta's designs for Fishs Eddy.



Many thanks again to Lotta for letting me visit her Brooklyn studio. The studio is open by appointment only but visitors are always welcome. You can call ahead  or email the studio. Lotta also runs printing workshops from the studio and the details can be found here.

See you all again on Wednesday,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.