SLIDER

shopshoot - paper boat press

paper boat press is the brain child of Kylie Johnson, poet and ceramicist. I just love Kylie, so when she told me of her plans to open a bricks and mortar shop in addition to her online shop, I was excited. I was excited for her because I knew the hard work involved in achieving one of her dreams. I was also excited because I knew it would be a place of loveliness. 




Paper boat press is housed in an old shop in the Brisbane suburb of Ashgrove. As I was going to be in Brisbane for Christmas, we made plans to meet at the shop for a cup of tea and a cookie. You can’t miss the corner store with its striking red door and colourful pennants. The shop was decked out in its Christmas finery, each window filled with Christmas trees.  



What's in the store? Well all the paper boat press products you've come to know and love - Christmas birds and stars, quote tags, note books and pencils and of course, Kylie's poetry books.




Kylie also has some new products in the shop, a sample of which came home with me in a little carry bag. 



Paper boat press washi tape and some new notebook designs. 





The cloud is one of Kylie's signature pieces. 



A reinterpretation of flying ducks. 





Some tired Christmas shoppers.




If you’d like to see more of Kylie’s store, paper boat press is located at 60 Ashgrove Crescent, Ashgrove Brisbane and is open Wednesday to Friday from 10.00 to 4.00 p.m and Saturday from 10.00 to 2.00 p.m. I challenge you to walk away from the shop without a little something from paper boat press.

Have a great weekend. I'll see you all again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

3 comments

  1. there is a beautiful magic in this most prettiest of places...

    ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you visited the shop yet?

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so lucky to have a peek over lunch with lovely kylie and sarah...it's charming beyond words and took my breath away...it envelopes you with the most wonderful spirit and makes my heart sing.

      x

      Delete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.