SLIDER

chocolate brownie cookies with dulce de leche

Last week when I did my grocery shopping, chocolate bars were on special so I loaded them into my basket. My basket was filled with butter, sugar, cream, eggs and blocks of chocolate. I can assure you it not's true, but the checkout operator must think that's all I eat.



I made some dulce de leche a few weeks ago for another recipe and the jar has been languishing in my fridge ever since. I found this recipe for chocolate brownie cookies in an old Donna Hay magazine and decided to make the cookies but to sandwich them together with the dulce de leche.



I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I often have problems with recipes from the magazine. The batter was really runny so I refrigerated it for 30 minutes before scooping it out with my cookie scoop. I think an extra tablespoon or so of flour in the recipe wouldn't go astray.



I followed the recipe exactly and waited for the cookies to cool before dusting them with cocoa powder and filling them with lashings of dulce de leche which I topped with a few flakes of sea salt.




The cookies are nice and moist and fudgy but if there's a next time, I'd reduce the sugar in the brownie recipe. I'd forgotten how sweet dulce de leche is and as the cookies themselves are very sweet, the combination of the cookies with the filling is a bit of a sugar overload.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends. I'll be back again on Wednesday with another Sydney wander, 


so see you all then,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.