SLIDER

blue mountains botanic garden - an almost sydney wander

I decided to expand my horizons when I went on this particular Sydney wander. I got into my car very early one morning and drove along the Bell's Line of Road to the Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens at Mount Tomah.



Now you all know how much I love a good garden and although I've been to the Blue Mountains on numerous occasions, I've never visited the gardens.



Even though I arrived soon after opening time I wasn't the only person there, a tour group in a large bus had beaten me there. I walked through to the observation platform and this is what I saw and yes, the mountains really are that blue.



It's officially autumn here in Sydney but the change in the season is much more obvious in the cooler climate of the Blue Mountains. There were touches of autumn colour everywhere.



The Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens do have some formal gardens but in the main features Australian native plants and more sculptural plants.



The website tells me the plants are arranged in climate zones.



There's a beautiful fountain and the rock walls are a feature. I don't know it they're a tribute to Edna Walling but they reminded me of her gardening style.




Some more fallen foliage.




I had a lovely wander through the gardens and plan to return again in the spring when the formal gardens are in bloom.

My Delicious Bites column for decor8 this month features a recipe for brown sugar meringues if you're interested. Thanks also to Holly for featuring some of my Kerrie Brown images on her blog.

See you all again soon,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.