SLIDER

Passover week - Passover apple blintzes

I was invited out for dinner the other night and I brought along the dessert. I decided to renovate this recipe for Apple blintzes to make it Passover friendly. 




I made 2 batches of blintzes, one using flour and the other using the Passover mix so I could compare them. The Passover batter is a little thicker than the flour batter so I had to thin the mixture out quite a bit to make 8 blintzes. The apple filling is in one of my cute kilner jars.

Here's the recipe for you,

Passover Apple Blintzes
Pancakes
½ cup Passover baking mix (equal quantities superfine matzo meal and potato flour)
2 eggs
¾ cup milk
Oil and butter for frying

Apple Cinnamon filling
400 g cooked apples
2
½ tablespoons caster sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup sultanas (golden raisins)
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind

To serve
Additional sugar and cinnamon
cream

To make the filling, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set to one side.

To make the pancakes, sift the baking mix into a small bowl then add the eggs stirring to ensure there are no lumps. Gradually add the milk to form a smooth batter. Transfer the mixture to a small jug and rest for 30 minutes.

Heat a small pan and grease it well. Pour 2 – 3 tablespoons of batter into the heated pan. Cook over a medium heat until the underside of the pancake is light golden brown, then turn out onto a wire rack. Leave the top side of the pancake uncooked. Continue with the remaining batter to make 8 pancakes. Don’t wash out the jug as in a moment you’ll need the leftovers.

With the cooked side uppermost, spread 2 tablespoons of the filling into the centre of the pancake spreading it out a little with a small spatula.

Brush the edges of the pancake with a little of the uncooked batter; this helps the edges hold together when cooked. Fold in the 2 sides of the pancake, overlapping slightly. Brush the remaining ends with a little of the batter and fold the ends into the centre overlapping a little to make a small parcel.

Heat a little oil and a teaspoon of butter in a small pan. Place the blintzes seam side down and gently fry for a few minutes until golden then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes until both sides are browned. Drain on absorbent paper if necessary. To serve, sprinkle with sugar and a little cinnamon topped with some cream.

Serves 4



That's my last Passover week recipe and I hope you've enjoyed them. I'm now looking forward to my 4 day Easter break and then I'll start counting the days until I fly out to Amsterdam.

Happy Easter and I'll see you all again next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

1 comment

  1. Anonymous1:45 am

    Super awesome. I was just thinking of whipping up a batch of these!

    ReplyDelete

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.