SLIDER

zurich

It was a chilly weekend in Sydney so instead of racing around like a rabbit I spent Sunday at home working on my tax. It's not a fun way to spend a Sunday but a necessary evil. In between hunting down receipts and doing lots of addition and subtraction I put together some images from my time in Zurich.





Zurich was the last stop on my holiday and was going through a bit of a heat wave. I was in town to catch up with friends both old and new and the day I arrived I went for a wander around town.




During my wander I passed through the Lindenhof where I found these young men engrossed in a chess battle.



 I've been to Zurich before but I'd not been inside St. Peter Church, the church with the massive clock face.



It was very simple but beautiful inside.




I found these beautiful roses in the church courtyard.



I found a few touches of blue.




Including these pots of hydrangeas also known as hortensia.


Even though it was hot there were lots of cooling fountains dotted around the town. The next day I was up bright and early because it was a special day.



I went out early with my camera to escape the heat of the day.



I'd not been to the Grossmunster before.




I went for a walk around the lake before we took a trip to the mountains.



We went to Flumserberg for lunch and a walk accompanied by the gentle sound of cowbells.



I know it's the wrong country but I had to sing a few bars of "The Hills are Alive with the Sound of Music" when I saw the view.




We went up to Flumserberg in the gondola but came down on the Floomzer. I'm not sure it was such a great idea just after lunch but we made it down in one piece.



As it was such a hot day we stopped for ice cream at Walansee and yes it does look exactly like this. 




On my second day in Zurich, I visited the Kunsthaus and was impressed by it's art collection.




The lovely Cafe Schober where I met my blog friend Juliana for a citron 
pressé before returning to Sydney. I'll share some more black and white images with you in the next week or two.

I hope you all had lovely weekends. 

See you next week,

Jillian
PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.