SLIDER

sculpture by the sea 2014

It's a really nice time to be in Sydney at the moment. The jacarandas are in bloom and apart from last Saturday's 37°C, the weather hasn't been too warm.



Farmer Andrew came to town last weekend and suggested we go to Sculpture by the Sea down at Bondi, a Sydney tradition. I live on the hill above Bondi and have glimpses of the ocean from my sun room. The exhibition is very popular as you can see by the queues for the bus to the beach, so we decided to meet at 7.00 a.m. to start the walk around the headland.



It was a gorgeous day down at Bondi and even though it was early, the Icebergs Pool was filled with swimmers. I'm thinking of printing this diptych for my spare bedroom/office wall. What do you think?



The walk from Bondi to Tamarama is a popular route at the best of time for walkers, runners and puppies.



I'm going to take you for a walk along the headland with me.



Some of the sculptures were so organic, they were a little hard to find.



My favourite sculptures were the ones framed by the ocean.



The view back towards Bondi.



This sculpture wind stone by Koichi Ishino was one of my favourites and it also received an award.



Two of the sculptures down on the beach at Tamarama.



My favourite sculpture was this one called slow flow by Hugh McLachlan, highlighting two elements which define Sydney - sandstone and the sea.



I hope you enjoyed this visit to Sculpture by the Sea, which ended on Sunday much to the relief of the local residents a bit over the grid locked traffic. 

Are you in the mood for Christmas? stocked up on candy canes on Saturday as I'm planning to make some more Peppermint Bark this yearIt was an absolute hit last year. I've also settled on a theme for this year's Christmas collection, which is going to be chocolate and cherries and I'm hoping to get started this coming weekend. It's also time to make the Christmas cake so you know how I'll be spending my weekend, up to my elbows in fruit, nuts, rum and spices!

I'll be back again next week with some more baking, so until then,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.