SLIDER

shopshoot - weylandts

Hi Every-one,

last week I flew down to Melbourne to attend a food photography seminar at the Digital Imaging Show. While I was down there I also visited the David Bowie exhibition at the ACMI. It was amazing but there was so much content that the exhibition really deserved a much larger venue. The music accompanying the exhibition was great and I still have the song 'Life on Mars' on repeat in my head.



Have you ever been to Melbourne? I have family down there, so I've been a regular visitor since I was a little girl. When I was 14, I was considered old enough to fly down solo so I spent a few weeks of the school holidays with my friend Jenny and her family. Even at 14 I could appreciate that Melbourne was a shopping mecca and it still is today.





So shopping was definitely on my to-do list while I was in town. Apart from prop shopping I was on the hunt for furniture for my living room and found my way to Weylandts in Abbotsford. I was looking for an armchair that I'd seen on-line.





Weylandts is housed in a massive old warehouse a short walk from Collingwood Station. Apart from furniture and accessories, it houses a busy cafe, called The Kitchen by Weylandts.





The building is huge with soaring ceilings so it's the perfect canvas for large scale furniture and installations.





A closer look at that amazing chandelier.




Another corner of the building.



I found some bold patterns.



Interesting textures.



This beautiful mirror which reminded me of the peacock cane bed head and chair that's in my old bedroom in Brisbane.





Wall art featuring earthy tones and textures.



A few little piggies





and walls of accessories to provide those final finishing touches.



I did eventually  track down the armchair but as I couldn't fit it into my carry on, I came home with a little something for the kitchen that will make it's début on the blog very soon.



I hope you enjoyed my little visit to Weylandts. See you all again next week with some more baking from my kitchen,

Bye for now,

Jillian

PRINT RECIPE

No comments

Post a Comment

© DELICIOUS BITES • Theme by Maira G.